Posted on January 10, 2017
We are looking for a well-rounded Accounting Manager to oversee the day-to-day corporate accounting operations and contribute to the scaling of our accounting infrastructure.
The Accounting Manager will manage accounting activities to ensure compliance with GAAP, corporate policies and external audits. This person will manage the accounts payable function, payroll, tax compliance, monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements. The Accounting Manager will work closely with the Controller and others in the organization in analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Manage staff and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department, including Accounts Payable, Payroll, and GL functions
- Responsible for all aspects of general ledger accounting including month-end close. Manage accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close activities and deliverables, including journal entries, reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Oversee reimbursements and expense reporting in compliance with appropriate regulations
- Design, implement and maintain accounting processes and policies in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in scaling the accounting functions of the company by identifying, designing and implementing automated processes; develop cross-functional processes to improve the efficiency and robustness of the Controller’s team
- Work collaboratively with the Technical Accounting Team, the FP&A Team and other key stake-holders within the Company to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Assume other special activities and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience; ideally a public accounting/private industry mix
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP
- System implementation experience with an ERP system
- QuickBooks and Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.) required
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to senior management
- Precision and detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Positive, energetic, optimistic attitude, not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
- Experience designing and implementing new policies and procedures; specific experience establishin
To apply for this position, please complete the following form and attach your CV.