Posted on January 20, 2017
Edison Pharmaceuticals is looking for a data engineer with Python experience to join our team.
- Our stack consists of Flask, React/Redux, Postgres and Elasticsearch running on Linux.
- We use technology to automate all aspects of science.
- We use computer science to automate the collection and analysis of instrument data.
- We develop tools to enhance collaboration and provide visibility across the organization.
- We enjoy knowing our work makes an impact and is appreciated.
- We like to make a difference in the organization and the world.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain scalable data pipelines from raw data formats to processed data in a data warehouse
- Improve data foundational procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures.
- Partner with the rest of the engineering team.
- 3+ years SQL experience (PostgreSQL is a plus; ORM experience also a plus).
- 3+ years experience with Python.
- Experience in quantitative analysis, data science, or Python’s scientific modules.
- Comfortable developing in Linux or MacOS.
- Git knowledge.
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with MapReduce
- Familiar with Agile/Kanban
- Familiar with any of the following:
- You enjoy data wrangling.
- You excel at working independently but can also interact with a team.
- You're tenacious and willing to put in the extra effort to understand a solution or system completely.
- You have excellent communication skills.
To apply for this position, please complete the following form and attach your CV.